To inspire all students to reach their full potential and achieve personal success.
To provide students with a safe and rigorous educational environment, empowering them to become lifelong learners who are responsible, contributing citizens.
Inspire. Empower. Serve.
We believe faculty, staff, parents, and community members must work together to promote student success.
We believe school should be a positive and safe environment where students’ academic, social, and emotional needs are met.
We believe in encouraging children to find their own unique strengths and qualities.
We believe effective instruction must be engaging, relevant, and challenging.
We believe we must equip students with the life skills necessary for leading lives of integrity and responsibility.
In coordination with staff, parents, students and the community, the Sheridan School District has implemented a District Strategic Plan under the leadership of Superintendent Jerrod Williams, the District's leadership team, and the school board.
Goal 1: Student Achievement
Sheridan School District continues to raise the bar academically with 100% proficiency for all students by advocating, nurturing and sustaining a school culture and instructional program conducive to student learning and staff professional development.
- Use data analysis to drive instruction.
- Identify and model the best research-based instructional practices.
- Challenge all students through a rigorous and relevant curriculum.
- Provide content focus teachers in math, science, literacy at all building levels.
- Provide sustainable professional development.
- Provide vertically aligned curriculum in all subject areas.
Goal 2: Customer Service
Sheridan School District serves all stakeholders including children, families, and patrons by responding to diverse community interests and needs.
- Treat all stakeholders with respect and dignity at all times.
- Hold regular meetings with stakeholders in order to improve community engagement.
- Identify and implement customer service standards.
- Demonstrate employee professionalism.
Goal 3: Communication
Sheridan School District communicates openly and regularly with families, community members, and local service providers.
- Promote, demonstrate, and support clear two-way communication.
- Actively seek input from stakeholders in determining district priorities.
- Inform all stakeholders of school district priorities, plans, and procedures.
Goal 4: Operational Efficiency
Sheridan School District responsibly manages the organization, operations, and resources of the district for a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
- Develop policies and procedures to recruit and retain quality teachers and support staff.
- Improve performance of all staff.
- Manage effectively the revenues and expenditures of the district’s budget.
- Plan for future growth.