In conjunction with the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH), the Sheridan School District will host Free Flu Immunization Clinics on each campus of the school district. The purpose of each clinic is to provide a FREE Seasonal Flu immunization for students and Sheridan School District faculty and staff only. (Parents/guardians and siblings should plan to receive their flu immunization at the annual Free Flu Immunization Clinic for the public Friday, November 4, 2016, from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, at the Sheridan Recreation Center.) Participation in the school district Free Flu Immunization Clinics is completely voluntary; however, this is a great opportunity for students to receive the seasonal flu immunization free of charge.
If you choose for your child to receive the seasonal flu immunization at school, the flu immunization will only be offered as a shot this year, the nasal mist will not be available at school. Nasal mist also will not be available at the free public clinic at the Sheridan Recreation Center.
CLINIC DATES & LOCATIONS:
Thursday, October 6, 2016 – SHS & ALE 8:00 AM – 12:00 Noon; SJHS & C.O. 1:00 – 3:30 PM.
Thursday, October 13, 2016 – SES 8:00 AM – 12:00 Noon; SIS 1:00 – 3:10 PM.
Friday, October 14, 2016 – EEE 8:00 AM – 12:00 Noon; EEI 1:00 – 3:10 PM.
It is very important that you read this letter and follow the required procedure below:
- Read the enclosed vaccine information sheet.
- Read and complete the front and back of the “2016-17 Influenza Immunization Consent Form.” PRINT all required information. Make sure you have signed and dated the form if you wish for your child to receive the flu immunization.
- Deadline for returning the signed “2016-17 Influenza Immunization Consent Form” to your child’s home room or advisory teacher is FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2016
- The ADH is offering an online school flu shot registration option for parents this year. The link to online registration for District Flu Immunization Clinic is: https://ADHSchoolFluPreReg.Arkansas.gov/ .
- Make sure you have completed and submitted a FERPA Consent Form. This form should have been completed and submitted to your campus office along with other forms at the beginning of the school year. If you need a FERPA Consent Form, contact the nurse on the campus where your student attends school.
If you have questions or concerns about the flu vaccines, or the “2016-17 Influenza Immunization Reporting Form,” please contact the Grant County Health Unit at (870) 942-3157.